Senior Auditor - Kingston upon Thames - Flexible Working Available
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic auditor or fraud specialist looking to make a difference working as part of a large successful public sector partnership?
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as:
- £34,688 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Penrhyn road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2DN. Click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
- Flexible working arrangements including job sharing (where possible) as we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance.
- 24 days annual leave for full time staff (pro rata for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service
- A generous local government salary-related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council Staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
About the role
Our Internal Audit team forms a key part of the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. Our partnership delivers greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and maximising the benefits of sharing people, resources and technology.
The service is split into 5 teams; 3 are predominantly based at the sovereign authority sites, whilst 2 are partnership teams delivering ICT audit and counter-fraud specific work across all partners and customers.
We have already built a strong reputation for providing high quality audit and assurance services, whilst maintaining an excellent organisational profile, and we have also been noted for bringing a 'national' perspective to our partners and customers.
We are pleased to be able to offer you the exciting opportunity to join this team by seeking to appoint, on a permanent basis, 2 Senior Auditors.
One post is within the Surrey County Council sovereign team, whilst the other is in the Counter-Fraud team.
The role in the sovereign team will be to assist in the delivery of the annual audit plan, and to develop strong and effective relationships with the clients we audit across the council. You will support the Audit Manager in delivering a range of work that could include grant certification, service process reviews, the audit of key financial systems and/or reviews of important projects and programmes delivering transformational change across the authority.
In the Counter-Fraud team you will be working as part of a partnership team delivering investigation work across our partners. Bringing experience in fraud investigation you will support the Audit Manager (Counter Fraud) in the development and execution of the Orbis Counter Fraud Strategy and proactively support in the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud. There will also be opportunity to develop your wider audit skills by supporting and delivering work from the annual audit plans across the three partners.
Both roles will support the Orbis Chief Internal Auditor by delivering independent and objective assurance services to all Orbis partners and other Orbis Internal Audit customers.
To be shortlisted for interview for this position, your application will demonstrate:
- Experience in the delivery of internal audit and/or counter fraud activities, including the production of detailed reports and presentation of your findings to management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage workloads and projects through to completion
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 1st September 2019.
Interviews will take place on week commencing 9th September 2019.
About the organisation
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy. For more information about our values please click HERE.
How to apply
You can find useful guidance on our website to assist you with your job application. There are also further helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.