Assistant HR Manager - Flexible Working Available
This role will participate in the planning, execution and delivery of complex HR business projects. The selected employee will take ownership for specific project workstreams, track overall project progress and deliver key components of project plans that will have a measurable impact on our performance and our people agenda. Projects are really diverse and could include HR system changes, global policy implementation, employee relations cases and follow up and business transformation activites.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work Closely with Europe Office / Regional Project Managers, Business Partners to ensure high quality HR service is delivered to employees.
- Observe and analyse trends that could become future projects for the EO HR Team to deliver upon and develop related project proposals.
HR Strategy and project management:
- Work with the Senior HR Manager to ensure the delivery of key project milestones on time and within budget and resource plans.
- Support on the delivery of multiple project activities, identifying risks, mitigations and opportunities to improve performance.
- Lead, define and manage smaller projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with the Samsung Shared Service Centre Europe (SSCE) and Subsidiaries, helping to tackle escalated issues in a pragmatic and balanced manner.
- Support the Senior HR Manager in deploying, managing and monitoring of all global policy implementation work streams for the European region, including: new Workday modules (compensation), Internal Workforce Management System outsourced payroll integration, Job Architecture and related shared service centre tasks.
- Create and maintain project artefacts such as Meeting Minutes, Meeting Agendas, Tracking documents
- Additional tasks as required
- Work with HR Senior Manager to support the delivery of ER case management across UK and Europe
- Represent EO HR as required at European, Regional and Global meetings (overseas travel will be required).
- Support the organisation and facilitation of European HR Heads Meetings (including presentation of project updates to HR Heads)
- Maintain knowledge on employee relations legislation, best practice, Changes (e.g. Brexit) and trends to ensure that our European policies reflect a workplace where employees are treated fairly and in keeping with the company’s core values.
- Track and monitor subsidiary progress against project KPI’s and escalate business risks where appropriate.
- Communicate regularly and widely to stakeholders across HR, the business and externally as appropriate on complex topics in a clear and accessible manner
- Communicate on a regular basis with regional HR representatives
- HR data management of non-regular (indirect) employees in European subsidiaries
Skills and Qualifications
• Develops professional expertise by complying with company policies and procedures
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analyzing situations or data requires a review on various factors
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work with detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
• Generally requires a bachelor's degree with a minimum 2 years related experience, or advanced degree without experience