Financial Crime Advisor - Flexible Working Available
Are you passionate about Financial Crime with an eagle eye for detail? Can you interpret regulatory and legislative requirements to establish policies and procedures that protect our customers? Do you want to be part of the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Financial Crime Advisor you will be responsible for embedding financial crime policies in to the bank. You’ll work with multiple areas on a daily basis receiving queries and offering expert guidance across a broad range of topics. You’ll work on projects with the wider Financial Crime team that will help refresh and calibrate what we do according to new legislation and regulation.
So what would you be doing?...
• Offering support and guidance on Financial Crime queries to a range stakeholders across the bank
• Be part of a learning and improvement culture undertaking root cause analysis
• Consistently monitoring our policy and procedures, spotting any gaps or risks that may occur
• Helping to pro-actively horizon scan, so we better react to future changes in legislation or regulation
• Reviewing businesses cases relating to the banks monitoring systems i.e. suspicious activity reports
• Undertaking due diligence reviews of both personal and business customers
• Understand how your work empowers other colleagues to create fans of the bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Ideally you will have worked within a Financial Crime 1st line function
• You may have had experience of Financial Crime reporting i.e. Key Risk Indicators
• Detailed knowledge of UK Money Laundering Regulations, FCA rules and JMLSG Guidance
• ICE Financial Crime Certificate or other relevant industry recognised qualification
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!