We’re looking for an innovative and passionate individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our clients busy stroke support team in Worcestershire, as Stroke Support Coordinator.
Position: Stroke Support Coordinator
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire (office based) with regular travel across the service area
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £23,100 per annum
Contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2020 (Our clients services are contracted; they currently have funding for this contract until 31 March 2020)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 8 September 2019
Interview Date: 26 September 2019
Reporting to the Stroke Support Manager, the Stroke Support Coordinator will:
- Work with the local Health and Social services to receive referrals to support stroke survivors and their carers.
- Provide personalised information, advice and support with regular reviews throughout.
- Support stroke survivors to develop effective communication strategies and rebuilding confidence where needed.
This role is based in Bromsgrove with regular travel across the county and further afield.
The Stroke Association Support Coordinator will:
- Have a background in a caring and/or charity profession supporting people with disabilities.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of working collaboratively with other organisations to achieve joint ambitions.
- Ideally have experience of recruiting and managing volunteers and community engagement.
- Have excellent IT skills and demonstrate a flexible approach to your role.
The use of your own car and the ability to drive to fulfil the travel requirements of the role are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as Care Coordinator, Stroke Support, Stroke, Care.