We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our clients Stroke Support Team in Essex, as a Stroke Support Coordinator.
Position: Stroke Support Coordinator - Moving Forward After Stroke
Location: Essex (home based with weekly travel to Redbridge, Epping and Basildon)
Hours: 26 hours per week
Salary: circa £17,100 per annum
Contract: Fixed term until May 2020 (Our clients services are contracted; they currently have funding for this contract until May 2020)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Interview Date: 11 September 2019
Reporting to the Stroke Support Manager, the Stroke Support Coordinator will provide support, information and guidance to people who have had a stroke by providing an exercise and interactive education programme.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Leisure Centre staff to ensure commencement and smooth running of programmes and co-ordinate input from Neuro–Physiotherapist as required.
- Overseeing the organisation of the programme and referrals.
- Delivering the education programme, i.e. classes exploring lifestyle changes that may be beneficial to improving the client’s health. Stroke risk factors are considered and the coordinator works with the client to assess the barriers which might prevent lifestyle changes, and ways to overcome them.
You will have a proven record of:
- Providing person centred care to vulnerable people.
- Working without direct supervision and demonstrating initiative.
This role is home based, please see the homeworking agreement for full details.
The use of a car with business use cover and the ability to drive is essential to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as Care Coordinator, Stroke Support, Stroke, Care.