Finance Risk and Control Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Are you a budding financial risk and control expert? Do you love using your accounting knowledge to effectively challenge and influence colleagues? Are you constantly looking to drive change and improve processes? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Finance Risk and Control Analyst, you will lead on Finance controls testing and documentation. You will build strong relationships with colleagues and external suppliers to spot any risks, discuss appropriate solutions and make sure that we are continually improving our risk framework and controls. This role is pivotal as you will be helping to really shape this function within a strong financial control environment whilst our Bank continues to expand and revolutionise the industry.
So what would you be doing?...
• Assisting in the preparation and co-ordination of the Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) across Finance
• Leading on controls testing programs and test of effectiveness
• Assessing both design and execution of controls
• Ensuring appropriate closure of action plans developed in response to ineffective controls/control gaps
• Developing Finance policies and procedures to address the areas of risk/control gaps
• Looking after a library of key process documentation across Finance
• Making recommendations to improve the quality of the first level control framework
• Updating risk and controls logs and systems to make sure that they are recorded correctly
• Working closely with the whole Finance team to understand risks and issues and create appropriate action plans
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role you need to have financial services experience (controls assurance/ audit/Finance Risk and Control/Operational Risk) and detailed knowledge of operational risk and control processes
• It’s also important that you are experienced in performing controls testing in line with annual test plans
• You will have delivered accurate MI and have experience of the ‘Review and Challenge’ process
• Naturally, you will have great communication skills and be confident driving change and making recommendations on how we can improve our function
• Ideally, you will come from an audit background – any tax experience would be a huge bonus!
• Familiarity with Risk Frameworks (SOX, COSO) would also be a big plus
• You will have completed a professional accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!