Strategy & Innovation Senior Manager - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds banking group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're motivated by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO business risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group CIO, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of experienced risk advice & guidance, through creating and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
What would you be getting involved with…
- Acts as a risk strategist and innovator to support the Chief Operating Office in its mission to transform the Group into the Bank of the Future.
- You'll lead and maintain a backlog of future risk topics and partner business areas in developing risk and control strategies on horizon risks e.g. distributed ledger technology.
- You'll lead initiatives and positively challenge the status quo within the Chief Operating Office Risk Function to innovate ways of working, creating a data driven risk function to deliver high value support and challenge across a diverse set of functions including technology, security and change.
- You'll develop or maintain deep functional skills as well as develop a network of trusted advisors that will support you in your efforts to build risk and control strategies and innovate ways of working. Assist in running a communications strategy to support the wider risk function in understanding the context of the evolving financial services and technology environment,
- You'll work using agile methodology and be responsible for the engagement of a variety of stakeholders including senior Group executives. You'll use story telling to convey complex messaging in simple, impactful and visually compelling ways to support understanding and adoption of strategies.
- You'll develop high performing virtual teams through the development of stretching objectives and providing feedback and coaching.
- Be confident in using data and insight to influence and challenge technical decisions.
- You'll love to solve problems and challenge the status quo with innovative ideas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter with an ability to prioritise your own work load appropriately, managing various tasks requiring a high level of proficiency and detail
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting the customer first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
And the skills/ background you'll possess…
- You will be data literate and have an understanding of technology to identify appropriate strategic solutions for future risks.
- You'll possess and continue to maintain knowledge of industry trends.
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.