Senior Manager, SMCR - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds banking group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
COO business risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group CIO, Group Legal & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through creating and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
Sound like your kind of place?
Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance on all matters pertaining to the Senior Manager & Certification Regime for these divisions, executing control and tailored to senior stakeholder needs.
What you'll be doing...
- Identifies and assesses risks to ensure risk is well managed within the Bank's risk appetite
- Acts as a source of professional expertise to mitigate the potential for risk and ensures systems and processes are fit for purpose
- Analyses and evaluates a range of information to produce insightful analysis, recommendations and advice to influence decisions in relevant areas of the business
- Providing tailored service for SMFs and MRTs ensuring that Fitness & Propriety processes are managed, monitored and controlled effectively;
- Supporting SMF offices in the completion of the Control & Oversight process ensuring that all Divisions within the COO complete the process in line with Group processes, procedures and timelines
- Acting as an SME on SMCR for all Divisions supported by COO Business Risk
- Working with Divisions, COO Business Risk Teams and the Accountability Team to ensure all Statements of Responsibilities for the COO SMF population are accurate and up to date at all times
- Producing reporting packs and materials for senior executives as appropriate
- As required, you'll support and have regular interaction with executive colleagues
- You'll bring passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You're a highly motivated self-starter
- You'll have the ability to build strong collaborative relationships
And the skills/background you'd possess?
You'll have very substantial expertise gained by working in one of the specialist areas of risk (e.g. credit, liquidity, operations, compliance)
You'll have experience of risk management in the finance sector
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.