Airspace and Noise Programme Lead - Flexible Working Available
5 days left
- Contract Type
Airspace and Noise Programme Lead
Salary: Competitive + excellent rewards and benefits - Our payslip is only part of the package
Gatwick Airport is the biggest single-runway airport in the world, with over 200 destinations served and 47m passengers travelling through the airport each year. We've won numerous awards in our history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. Our corporate ambition is to compete to grow and become London's airport of choice.
Reporting to the Head of Airspace Strategy the Airspace and Noise Programme Lead role will proactively oversee all technical activities of the Airspace Office, including managing the airport's noise supporting and enabling systems and suppliers.
As Airspace and Noise Programme Lead you will focus on the delivery and communication of Gatwick's Noise Strategy working with our partners to reduce the noise impact of airport operations. As part of this the Airspace and Noise Programme Lead will be required to proactively identify, deliver and promote aircraft related noise improvements and actively assist the Airspace and Environmental Performance Manager in setting the airport's overall noise strategy
The Airspace and Noise Programme Lead will support delivery of our wider Sustainability Strategy, the Decade of Change and our Section 106 legal agreement requirements, working with counterparts in the Sustainability, Commercial, Operational and EHS teams. The Airspace and Noise Programme Lead will be responsible for monitoring best practice at other airports and will keep abreast of wider initiatives in government policy and in the sector, assessing their relevance and applicability to maintain and enhance the airport's performance and continuing overall reputation in delivering sustainable growth.
Can you demonstrate?
- Knowledge of aircraft and airport operations preferable
- Graduate with experience of environmental management relevant to aviation and aircraft noise
- Broad knowledge of current and future legislation, statutory requirements and good practice relating to aviation's environmental noise impacts
- Strong stakeholder management, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand technical material
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
Gatwick Airport is a dynamic and exciting environment. This is a great opportunity to become part of a team of Commercial professionals who share the passion of making Gatwick Airport a great place to work. We love what we do and would love you to join us.
Are you keen? Please click apply to complete your application