Noise Management Initiatives Engagement Manager - Flexible Working Available
- Contract Type
Noise Management Initiatives Engagement Manager
Salary: Competitive + excellent rewards and benefits - Our payslip is only part of the package
Gatwick Airport is the biggest single-runway airport in the world, with over 200 destinations served and 47m passengers travelling through the airport each year. We've won numerous awards in our history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. Our corporate ambition is to compete to grow and become London's airport of choice.
Reporting to the Head of Airspace Strategy the Noise Management Initiatives Engagement Manager will manage the implementation of noise mitigation strategies to reduce the noise impact of airport operations.
Working to support the Noise Management Board (NMB) as Noise Management Initiatives Engagement Manager you will focus on building and strengthening GAL's relationships with community and industry stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the various elements of the NMB Workplan.
The Noise Management Initiatives Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring noise mitigation and engagement strategies are within budget and agreed timeframes, whilst delivering value for money and protecting the NMB and Gatwick's reputation.
Can you demonstrate?
- Confidence to be proactive internally and externally, researching and contacting stakeholders and be the key GAL point of contact where appropriate.
- Sound understanding of the aviation industry and the Gatwick business, and an ability to evaluate sometimes complex views to reach an agreed position.
- Wider experience of aviation policy and sustainability issues together with an understanding of the interaction of aviation policy, sustainability strategies, community engagement and the local impacts of an airport.
- Leadership and communications expertise in a fast-paced and challenging environment with experience of leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Experience and confidence in representing the businesses externally at meetings and events and deliver presentations where necessary.
- Impressive relationship management and interpersonal communications skills including active listening, assertiveness, flexibility and influencing with senior managers/leaders in the business.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal communications skills including active listening, assertiveness, flexibility, influencing and negotiating.
- Proven planning and project management experience with organisation and co-ordination skills and good attention to detail.
- Experience working under own initiative with energy and pace in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
- Successful track record of managing relationships at senior director level and ability to effectively manage the competing demands of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to interpret and translate data to the wider audience.
Gatwick Airport is a dynamic and exciting environment. This is a great opportunity to become part of a team of Commercial professionals who share the passion of making Gatwick Airport a great place to work. We love what we do and would love you to join us.
Are you keen? Please click apply to complete your application