Service Manager - Community Wellbeing and Partnerships
Salary: £45,241 - £50,837 (inclusive of local weighting)
Hours: Permanent, full time – 37 hours per week (part-time working and job share considered)
Location: Based at Wallfields, Hertford
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 23rd September 2019
About the role
An opportunity for a motivated self-starter to join our client’s team as a Service Manager – Community Wellbeing and Partnership, has become available to work in their Hertford office, as part of the Housing and Health team. This is an exciting time for you to join the organisation and develop your career as they are working on a wide range of community wellbeing and safety projects, including introducing a number of new wellbeing hubs across the district, reviewing the provision of CCTV and a drafting new cultural strategy.
You will be at the forefront of developing and delivering programmes and projects aimed at maximising the health and wellbeing of residents, including promoting community safety and tackling anti-social behaviour. The remit is challenging but rewarding, with additional responsibilities including working with the Head of Housing and Health to ensure robust arrangements are in place regarding emergency planning and safeguarding.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Championing the role of the council in promoting safeguarding and safe and healthy communities among senior colleagues, elected members and key stakeholders such as Clinical Commissioning Groups, Hertfordshire County Council, notably Public Health and Social Services, voluntary sector groups and community groups
- Fostering and maintaining productive working relationships with the Police and other bodies concerned with maximising community safety
- Ensuring robust emergency planning policies are in place
- Preparing reports, business cases, project initiation documents and specifications to deliver objectives
- Effectively managing operational budgets
This role will suit someone with the drive to make things happen coupled with the accompanying skills to quickly gain others’ respect and confidence. Embracing the opportunities available in a rapidly changing policy and financial environment will be central to this role.
The ideal candidate will bring a wide range of skills and experience, including:
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of how district councils can work collaboratively on health, wellbeing and community safety issues
- Experience of researching complex issues, writing reports and preparing comprehensive briefings
- Excellent oral and influencing skills, with the ability to give clear advice on issues
- An understanding of the scope for commercial thinking within a public sector setting
- The ability to work at pace
- A degree level qualification or equivalent skills acquired through similar experience
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages. They also enjoy high levels of employment and a diverse local economy.
The vision of our client is to provide East Hertfordshire residents and businesses with a future that is prosperous and sustainable. In order to achieve this, a number of strategic objectives have been developed, which allow our client in conjunction with its many partners to focus on the key issues that concern the residents of East Hertfordshire.
Whatever their role, everyone contributes to delivering great services to the local community. Our vision is to preserve the unique character of East Herts and ensure it remains one of the best places to live and work. To accomplish this, their focus is to improve the health and wellbeing of communities, enhance the quality of people's lives and enable a flourishing local economy.
The staff team is at the very heart of the organisation – They recognise that together with their elected members, they make the difference to local communities. They are dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help staff deliver, they provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
As part of our Green Travel agenda we actively encourage employees to explore more economical and eco-friendly means of travel to work, for example public transport, cycle, walk or car share, and support this through a number of initiatives such as Liftshare.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. They aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.