3rd Line Support Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 100 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
The Internet Services Group is the fastest growing division of Arm, having the responsibility of building the core IoT related services and solutions. Our team in Glasgow are seeking a 3rd Line Support Analyst with a real passion for exceptional customer service to join us in supporting customers and the infrastructure on the journey to connect billions of new devices to the internet.
We are searching for enthusiastic people to join our team where you will work closely with our Support, Development and Infrastructure teams to become the technical bridge across functions supporting, solving issues and escalating when required. You will have a validated background in technical support and networking across a variety of platforms, work well under pressure and will be a self-starter who is adept at working within the team to pursue solutions to larger problems.
Working in a dynamic, agile environment with like-minded, open and adaptable colleagues. You will join an exceptional team, providing you with excellent personal and professional development opportunities.
- Deliver Customer Service Excellence
- Manage tickets and critical issues to meet internal OLAs
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions
- Ensure customers are kept informed of the progress of incidents and internal systems are kept updated
- Provide support of existing customer and Mobile Network Operator [MNO] connectivity
- Good interpersonal skills; interaction with Infrastructure, Development and Service Delivery teams
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members
What we are looking for
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of WAN infrastructure support preferably within a Service Provider environment
- Experience of Routing Protocols including BGP
- Knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Awareness of various VPN implementations including IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP
- Knowledge of RADIUS and associated AAA systems
- Database knowledge - MariaDB/MySQL
- Unix systems administration experience (BSD/Solaris, in addition to Linux)
- Virtualisation and containerisation experience
- Superb communication skills supporting both customers and peers of varying levels of technical ability
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA’s
- BSc level degree in a Computing Science field or equivalent work experience
Desirable skills and experience
- Cisco CCNA
- Docker orchestration and networking experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape the extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.