Solution Architect Manager - Flexible Working Available
Our Solution Architect Manager manages an experienced team of Solution Architects. The team’s purpose is to act as the technical single point of contact from customer requirement, through design, installation and to the point of their first bill. The team may be directly customer facing or work with Pre Sales and Sales to identify a customer requirement. They act as an interface between our customers, Virgin Media Business and the rest of the Virgin Media organisation.
So what are we looking for?
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Consideration will also be given to applications made for part-time or flexible working hours.”
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and of course discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands! Come and be part of something special. Join us!
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!
- Provide management support to a team of Solution Architects. In this role, you will own all aspects of building and managing a scalable team of Solution Architects, providing strategic direction into solution design activities and goals.
- The role will be responsible for management and development of a customer facing team operating across all tiers, ensuring they are appropriately skilled and engaged to support the delivery of Sales targets and VMB Long Range Plan.
- Ownership of post sales signoff and interlock to ensure delivery of solutions are as per the designs created by the team.
- Act as the solution advocate representing VMB internally, to our customers and the wider industry.
- Lead stakeholder engagement with the wider VM and LG group – to ensure that we are delivering solutions in line with wider strategies.
- Ensuring continuous process improvements, leading on innovation to ensure appropriate tools are developed to continuously streamline processes.
- •Support efficient collaboration between Pre-Sales Consultants, Solutions Architects, Transition, and the wider commercial team. Continuously review, adapt and evolve the team to ensure it is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure the team are leading on partner selection and strategy for any solution – and feeding back via the partner interlock to partner roadmap reflects our customer’s requirements
- An individual that can demonstrate leadership passionately to empower and promote collaboration across multiple teams.
- A seasoned business partner that has energy and drive to influence and impact on a strategic level.
- The ideal person would have knowledge and experience with networking technologies in the IT, telecoms or SI industry, Knowledge and experience of security standards and compliances. Experience in responding to complex, high value, major bids based on applicable technologies and solutions is essential. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to persuasively articulate VMB offerings and their business value to customers.
- Proven excellent consultative, facilitation and customer relationship skills. Strong experience in a customer facing, Pre-Sales or technical team management environment is essential. Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills with the resilience and drive to deliver results.
- Understand Virgin Media Business, the core strategy, sector strategies, sales plans, specific Account Development plans, current products and product roadmap, and have strong market awareness.
- Full understanding of competitions capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Building strategies to maximise our success. Able to understand customer’s businesses drivers and how technology contributes to their strategic goals.
- Most importantly someone who is passionate about technology solutions that care about quality for our customers.