Programme Manager - Smart Growth - Flexible Working Available
Do you love leading a variety of programmes? Can you wow with your broad programme management experience? Are you interested in joining the British banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Programme Manager, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Bank to deliver business critical change programmes. This role will sit primarily in our Smart Growth portfolio which is influential in delivering a wide range of initiatives targeted at improving the banks overall efficiency, promoting growth and scalability whilst ultimately improving our customer experience.
As part of your role you will be delivering the solutions, processes and systems to agreed time, cost and quality. Stakeholder management and communication will be second nature to you. You will lead, making sure the programme and its project work streams follow the Metro Bank change methodology, meaning that we can differentiate ourselves in the market.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with stakeholders across the Bank to deliver change programmes
• Leading the end to end delivery, including impact assessment, development, testing and implementation of IT solutions
• Setting objectives, reporting progress and carefully managing delivery risks and dependencies
• Managing the scope of the programme
• Making sure the solution is future-proofed to meet our vision
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In order to exceed in this role you need to have broad end to end programme management experience within a financial services organisation, preferably banking
• You will have experience overseeing work streams to build business cases, business user requirements and functional specifications
• Naturally you will be used to working with colleagues at Director or C-Level
• You need to have previous experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies, with budget ownership of £5m+
• It’s really important that you have experience anticipating, identifying and managing risks in programme delivery
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!