Director of Recruitment - Flexible Working Available
Are you a tech savvy experienced Recruitment leader who is passionate about inspiring and nurturing teams to find the best talent in the market? Do you thrive in a high growth, fast paced, customer focused environment? Do you want to play a key role in shaking up traditional Banking in the UK? If so, we may have the role for you…
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading, inspiring and nurturing the Recruitment team to deliver all hiring and promotions across Metro Bank from Apprentice Cashier to Chief Information Officer
• Growing Metro Bank into existing and new locations with challenging timescales – so you will be comfortable working with ambiguity and familiar with volume resource planning data and approaches for retail and contact centres
• Focusing on internal talent to help grow, nurture and develop our existing colleagues rather than always look externally
• Providing an exceptional candidate experience which mirrors our customer service ethos and builds our brand
• Leading on Diversity and Inclusion with a particular focus attracting candidates who bring difference in every sense; diverse teams are the best teams!
• Championing and driving our Social Mobility initiatives including our apprenticeship schemes
• Partnering with our Executive Leadership Team and leaders across the business on their hiring requirements, enabling them to focus on running the business while offering them recruitment expertise and sometimes challenging them too
• Continuously improving our use of technology and data; creating attraction and assessment methodologies which are cutting edge and automate the ‘heavy lifting’
• Partnering with suppliers; our ATS and background screening providers, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Social Mobility partners, etc.
• Owning the budget - getting bang for our buck and managing costs in a commercially savvy way… around 97% of our roles are direct sourced by our in-house teams
• Analysing and using data and MI to provide insight on hiring activity across the bank
• Owning the recruitment and D&I policies, any relevant regulation and legislation and the related risks
• Running the new job approval process for Metro Bank
• External scanning to stay informed about the most innovative recruitment approaches and tech
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• As this role is leading a team, it goes without saying that you will have experience of building, inspiring and nurturing teams
• You will have an understanding of how Banking works and the regulatory requirements that come with it from a hiring perspective
• To exceed in this role you will be passionate about diversity and inclusion – and knowledgeable on how to attract candidates who bring difference
• Naturally you will have an up to date knowledge of recruitment risks, legislation and policies – how to hire in the right way
• You will be able to give the team direction on how to attract candidates using multiple innovative attraction methods and minimising the use of search firms
• You will have previous experience of building a brand through social media channels, creating followership
• You will be an expert in assessment techniques - how to attract and assess for fit and capability in an effective and commercially savvy way
• It’s really important that you have exceptional analytical skills and are able to provide meaningful insight on hiring from data and MI
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!