Business Support Analyst
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To collate, monitor and review tonnage information for Authority reporting requirements, and assisting in preparing monthly, quarterly, semi and annual reports as required using excel, word, Power BI, SAP
This role is responsible for managing the setup process and continual updates and reviews of supply chain providing goods and services to the Facility. Including preparing P.O.'s for services on site.
Business Support provision to site Senior Management team also required. The role will be part of the site Commercial team and will report into Commercial Manager.
What will this role involve?
- Assist the Amey Site Team to meet Key Performance Indicators (Performance Measurement Framework) in the Contract and liaise with the operations (ODC) to limit any penalties that may occur due to failure to meet reporting and benchmark standards.
- Be part of the commercial team and understand the contractual obligations.
- Ensure prompt engagement and set up of suppliers and service providers from order to cash
- Ensure supply chain procurement is set up efficiently and correctly
- Record and track purchase orders from requisition to payment
- Coordinate site overtime records for management team
- Coordination of projects within own area
- Maintain document control systems and general version control of relevant correspondence
- Contract management of SLAs and KPI reporting, including accident statistics
- Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Operate and maintain quality management systems
- Accountable for the delivery of business support services across the contract
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Record, collate and report key performance indicators and statistics
- Supplier setup through central Contract Services function
- Managing tonnage information and statistics
- Contributing to monthly/semi/annual reporting requirements
- Invoice processing and supplier payment
- Co-ordination with weighbridge re. supplier setup
- Supporting Finance Manager with credit control functions
- Manage Pay Mechanisms and calculate payments etc.
- Supporting Commercial Manager with other reporting requirements
- Develops a productive relationship with the Authority to enhance recognition of the benefits that the contract provides to their community.
- High academic standard (A level, degree or equivalent) or relevant experience in similar role
- AAT or equivalent
- Advanced Excel and MS Office skills
- First class, accurate administration skills including database and systems manipulation
- Interpersonal skills at all levels
- Extremely good organisational and planning skills with ability to problem solve and prioritise workload with minimum direction or supervision
- Demonstrable evidence of stakeholder customer liaison skills
- Working with large quantities of (numerical) data
- Proven experience of multi-tasking and prioritising in a demanding environment.
- Working to strict timetable and deadlines
- Using SAP or equivalent Finance system
- Dealing and negotiating with suppliers
- Evidence of project management
- Evidence of being sought out for sound advice