An excellent opportunity for a Support Worker to join our client’s supported living service in Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Our client provides a supported housing service for six people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Each resident has their own self-contained flat with 24-hour support on site. They provide personalised one to one support to people living in their own homes to help them meet their full potential
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £21,216 per annum, £10.88 per hour, plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary and an annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) - Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
About the Role
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to provide support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may include, providing assistance with personal care, promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
As a Support Worker you will write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting providing support to vulnerable people, then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centered environment.
Desired qualities and skills include:
- A 'can-do' attitude and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults
- Ability to communicate effectively using different methods according to people's needs.
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Our client is committed to their staff and in return for your hard work they offer a considerable benefits package, including:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our client’s friendly team, please apply today!
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.