GIS Manager - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented GIS Manager to work on the HS2 Fusion JV.
As the GIS Manager you will:
- Be familiar with ERSI products – ArcGIS Enterprise/ ArgGIS Desktop/ArcGIS Pro
- Be able to implement ArcGIS Enterprise
- Leading and managing the GIS Team, including Up-Skilling.
- Manage Subcontractors deliverables and ensure deadlines are kept to
- Keep contract contact with the Client
- Understanding and following mapping standards and schemes
- Preparation of GIS data, including analysis support
- Creation of geographic maps using available datasets
- Draw, digitize map features from hard copy source material
- Edit and create new feature classes within the map environment
- Import and convert CAD features into GIS environment
- Development and support of geographic databases
- Perform Quality Assurance checks according to the provided standards
- Experience on models 2D and 3D visualisations
- Proficiency in Python would be desirable
- Liaising with Project Managers and manage geospatial data according to the requirements
- Assisting and supporting all company employees with GIS & CAD related issues
- Good presentation and communication skills.
Previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry is required for this role.
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services. Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.