Senior Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on the HS2 Fusion JV.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will provide commercial expertise to aid with the delivery of the contracted work by taking the commercial lead in a geographical focused team. The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the to the management team whilst ensuring the contract achieves the appropriate commercial targets.
Previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry is required for this role.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- CSCS compliance
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB)
- Detailed knowledge of company management systems including;
- Commercial and financial (Commercial Manager / COINS / Sphere)
- Risk management
- Personnel management
- Commercial and contractual knowledge, in various forms of contract
- A working knowledge of current legislation
- Proven experience of managing quantity surveyors on a large contract
- Negotiation and settlement of disputes and accounts relating both to customers and suppliers
- People management experience, such as managing performance, development and disciplinary procedures
- Experience working with a variety of schedule of rates contracts
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services. Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.