Business Development Manager, Flexible Location (Global)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re recruiting a really exciting new role here at OUP; a role that will shape the future services we can offer specifically within the Language Services industry. The Language Services market is fast moving and growing quickly, so we need your expertise to help us break into this area.
We have been a leading figure in publishing for more than 500 years. We have always been a forward-looking organization, maximizing the technology for the day, but the digital revolution is bringing enormous change, fast. That same spirit of adventure and entrepreneurialism is critical to our future success. In a fast changing publishing landscape, OUP welcomes the inquisitive, the inventive, and the ambitious; people who challenge the conventional, and pioneer the possible.
In this role you’ll be responsible for identifying and influencing customer and/or partner needs, converting them into sustainable revenue by promoting the language data, dictionaries, tools and services. This will involve:
- Clearly articulating our product and service offerings, promoting the unique strength of the offerings versus alternatives
- Identifying partnership opportunities, meeting with potential and existing customers to assess current usage and showcase additional products
- Continually monitoring market intelligence and customer feedback
- Strong collaboration and communication with our product, marketing and customer success teams
We’re completely flexible on location for this role (globally), including working from home. There will be a requirement for some travel within this role to represent OUP at conferences and meet with customers.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to build great relationships quickly and become a trusted advisor to your customers/partners.
You’ll also have:
- Proven experience and/or subject matter expertise in language services
- A track record of customer-facing relationship building and stakeholder management
- Experience of establishing new commercially viable customer relationships
- Demonstrable networking skills and ability to build and leverage a strong network of contacts
- A track record of delivering on goals and targets
- Familiarity with rights and intellectual property matters
We believe that the skills you bring to OUP are just a starting point. We want you to have the opportunity to expand your abilities, and innovate and develop in areas which both interest you, and support your aspirations
Please contact email@example.com with any queries relating to this role.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.