Stroke Support Service Manager
We’re looking for an innovative, passionate and professional individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our client’s busy stroke support management team, as a Service Manager.
Position: Stroke Support Manager
Location: Office based (Bedford) or homeworking covering Bedford, Central Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire
Hours: 35 hours per week
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 6th October 2019
Interview Date: 14th October 2019
This role can be office base in Bedford but will involve frequent travel to our client’s service bases (Bedford, Luton, Watford, and Welwyn) and also their main area office in Bury St Edmunds.
- Reporting to the Head of Stroke Support, the Stroke Service Manager will:
- Lead, manage and support a dispersed team of 9 Stroke Support Coordinators and 3 Stroke Support Assistants whom will be delivering services to stroke survivors and/or carers in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
- Ensure that our client’s services respond to the needs of the local stroke community
- Ensure that our client’s services meet their contractual obligations and remain within budget.
- Be responsible for cultivating and maintaining key internal local external stakeholder relationships.
- Actively contribute to the work of the Stroke Support team and the wider organisation.
The post holder will:
- A proven track record of managing, recruiting and developing people
- Demonstrable experience leading teams through continuous improvement in service delivery
- The ability to interrogate data and customer feedback and to write concise reports demonstrating the impact of our client’s services
- Confidence in actively representing the charity at key meetings in the locality and developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
- Experience of working as part of a team to deliver shared objectives and work plans
- Have excellent IT skills and demonstrate a flexible approach to your role.
The use of a car with business use cover and the ability to drive is essential to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role. You will be reimbursed for business mileage.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits, opportunities to progress your career and flexible working options, including the option for this role to be homebased.
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
If you click apply for this role you will be redirected to our client’s website to make a full application. If you would like any further information regarding this role you will find the contact details for the recruiting manager on their website.
You may also have experience in areas such as Care Coordinator, Stroke Support, Stroke, Care Manager, Support Manager, Service Manager, etc.