Internal Audit Manager - Transformation Programme - Flexible Working Available
- Contract Type
ABOUT CAPITA'S INTERNAL AUDIT TEAM
The overall objective of the internal audit function is to provide independent assurance to the Group Executive Risk Committee and the Group Audit & Risk Committee that Capita's risk management, governance and internal control processes are well designed and operating effectively. The Internal Audit team work in partnership with the business to provide an internal audit service that is agile, collaborative and insightful so that internal audit is an integral part of helping Capita deliver on its purpose to deliver better outcomes.
The internal audit team is led by the Chief Internal Auditor with a direct reporting line into the Group Audit & Risk Committee.
DELIVERY OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT PLAN The Chief Internal Auditor is accountable for the delivery of the Internal Plan. The Chief Internal Auditor is supported by two Heads of Audit, 6 Managers and a team of Senior Auditors and Auditors. The Heads of Audit and Managers are responsible for the day to day delivery of audit plans for Capita's divisions and group functions.
The Managers will work with the Heads of Internal Audit to deliver all aspects of the internal audit service for those Divisions/functions which includes:
- Contributing to the strategic and annual planning for each of the allocated Divisions and/or functions which then feeds into the group wide internal audit plan;
- Delivery of the allocated audits including the planning, execution and reporting of individual audits;
- Deputising at Divisional Risk Committees to present the progress and findings of internal audit work as well as provide broader insight and challenge in Divisional Risk Committees where appropriate;
- Developing strong relationships with Divisional and/or Functional Management Teams, Business Unit leadership, business unit leadership and the Risk & Compliance team;
- Working with the co-source providers in a collaborative way to deliver the audit plan that drives insight, value and broader insight;
- Identifying and escalating risks and issues within the business to the Heads of Audit and / or the Chief Internal Auditor.
LEADERSHIP OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT TEAM
- Supporting the people in the internal audit team - both in terms of their technical and soft skills by providing real time feedback, coaching and support;
- Acting as the Line Manager for members of the internal audit team which includes managing performance, supporting their development/training and career planning;
- Working in partnership with the co-source providers to ensure the internal audit service has access to the right skills and experience at the right time;
- Contributing to change initiatives within the internal audit team; and
- Clearly and actively role modeling the Capita Values and complying with Capita's Policies.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
The Internal Audit Managers will be required to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal skills, building relationships across the organisation, actively seeking to share best practice and provide insight, whilst bringing appropriate judgement and challenge;
- The ability and willingness to instigate, lead and manage change effectively;
- Credible and confident leadership that inspires and motivates others, behaving in a way that role models the Capita Values;
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence outcomes at all levels and across disciplines;
- Able to work and communicate at an operational level, but an awareness, instinct and ability to press for detail, and understand issues at an appropriate level of depth, and identify root causes; and
- Support the development of a strong and a highly capable internal audit team that is seen as highly competent across the organisation.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Recognised professional or audit qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIIA equivalents;
- 5+ years of experience in a professional services or internal audit role; * Experience in leading assignment audit teams;
- Experience in delivery of a portfolio of audit work across a range of activities covering key risk areas including strategic, financial, operational and IT; and
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships that balance support and insight with constructive challenge.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
The role is based at Capita's group headquarters in London.
Travel will be required within the UK to other Capita sites. Limited requirements for international travel.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.