We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be part of team that is responsible for the maintenance of trees within a contract or region.
What will this role involve?
- Carrying out all aspects of arboricultural works, pruning, felling etc.
- Carry out checks on plant and equipment to comply with LOLER and PUWER
- Use of chemicals Tree care/Arboriculture
- Operate light plant and power tools
- Drive, operate vehicles, plant, machinery as required
- Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be expected/requested
- Keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, subcontractors, the emergency services, the general public, clients and customers
- Undertake vehicle checks
- Assist in other duties which may reasonably be expected
- This role will involve responsive and call out duties and rota work covering emergency call outs when required including winter maintenance, the role may also include weekend work
What are we looking for?
- Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum of supervision
- Ability to operate light plant and equipment and wheeled tractors
- Awareness of customer care, dealing with the general public and customers and or their agents
- Sound working knowledge of H&S as it applies within the Arboricultural Maintenance operations including required competency skills certification for task employed to undertake
- General awareness of requirements with regard to working on site with children
- Use of pesticides (desirable)
- Use of chain saws, including tree surgery
- Used to working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Good communicator
- Ability to supervise other team members
- Personal Highways Safety
- Emergency first aid at work (HSE)
- Environmental awareness tool box talk
- Medicals - Other
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in construction work if required, such as walling, flagging, kerbing rockeries and play areas.