Assistant Site Manager
- Contract Type
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
- Reports to the Street Scene Operations Manager
- Responsible for managing operations and delivering within allowances and targets established within the contractSize and scope: Typically have a revenue of up to £10m to manage the service and headcount to meet our contractual obligations.
What will this role involve?
Finance / Operations
- As required, work with OM and managers to develop annual business objectives, plans and budgets to key account(s).
- Deliver operations within agreed budgets.
- Continually challenges cost to meet and exceed annual forecasts
- Plan and manage the work schedule for the year.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety
- Ensure teams have a consistent understanding of systems and processes.
- Ensure that all team members operate according to One Amey principles
- Supports and contributes to continuous improvement.
Customer / Market
- Understand, anticipate and deliver client and contractual requirements.
- Support and implement a culture of customer service.
People / Organisation
- Assist with management of supplier relationships (often outsourced / sub-contractors).
- Manage direct reports.
- Support and reflect the Amey culture within the business.
Ensures a culture of compliance is created and maintained
What are we looking for?
- Degree and or similar and or experience within a grounds maintenance based industry
- EG Landscape, Grounds Maintenance / Arboriculture
- Able to take and be accountable for decisions within a contract as appropriate
- Customer Relationship Management
- IT and Data Analysis skills
- Ability to understand commercial contracts
- Planning and organising skills
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets within a single contract
- Has a clear understanding of contract and related market dynamics
- Experience of working within an agreed budget
- Understanding of relevant health and safety guidelines
- People management experience (desirable)
- Demonstrates developed communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Understands and upholds Amey values
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrates the Amey behaviours
- Demonstrates resilience
- Visible felt leadership
- Training in relevant competencies
- IOSH and managing safely
- Environmental awareness
- Behavioural health and safety
- Personal Highways safety
- Medicals - other
Role Specific requirements
- Customer Relationship Management - To meet expectations, our contractual commitments to client and various stakeholders and partner organisations
- Develop and deliver of strategy and or annual operational plans that meet contractual obligation and customer expectations
- Commercial Awareness - develop relationship with other partner organisations and stakeholders to increase revenue opportunities and business development
- Community Engagement to meet contractual commitments , alternative and innovative solutions to be developed and introduced to minimise our costs and promote community ownership
- IT skills, knowledge of Confirm is desirable to develop a strategy to improve customer experience and meet expectation through an intelligent lead work stream.
- Planning and organising
- Health and Safety, understanding of guidelines, our values and standards to deliver target zero
- Demonstrates developed communication, relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to motivate the team
- Environmental awareness in particular the legislation and guidelines in relation to the waste generated to promote recycling and value generation
- Promote the introduction of SOM (Standard Operating Model), its ongoing development to ensure staff utilisation meets and exceeds targets set
What makes this role unique?
You will support the partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty with all parties.