Development & Sales Accountant (Counties) - Flexible Working Available
A new opportunity has arisen for a Development & Sales Accountant to join our driven and dynamic Development Finance team. The role has come about through team expansion, the team has recently regionalised its structure in order to provide a better service to our rationalised development and sales teams. We have a huge ambition to deliver 100,000 homes and are increasing our organisation to support this.
In this role you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial services for the Development and Sales activities of the L&Q Group.
Reporting to the Development Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial services for the Development and Sales activities of the L&Q Group.
The main duties of the role will include:
· To assist in the preparation of management, statutory accounts and key performance indicators.
· To calculate & monitor group adjustment as developments progress through the group.
· To provide financial support and training to Development and Sales staff on best practice.
· Support management in providing key financial information and advice on L&Q partnership schemes with external parties.
· Assist in the production of annual budgets & quarterly forecasts.
· Ensuring that the financial controls around development provide robust business assurance.
Your experience must include:
· Accounting experience, preferential if related to Development & Sales.
· Finalist or qualified with a recognised accounting body.
· Experience of working in property/construction and/or large, complex organisation
· Excellent communication skills with proven business partnering experience
· Advanced IT skills including Excel and Financial Information Systems
If you share our passion about housing and have the skills and experience needed to fulfil this role, then apply without delay!
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.