IT Sales Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Here at HP we have many different flexible working opportunities and ultimately the only important part of hiring for us is talent. We constantly strive to be able to support our staff and encourage development regardless of circumstance or other responsibilities – with even some of our senior level managers encouraging the school run! We would also welcome anybody returning to work after a career break – and is looking for the right company to be supported back in to the workplace by.
Do you like working with collaborative people to meet a goal? HP is looking for new people to join our successful end user computing sales team, managing top customers and corporate accounts in the UK and Ireland.
You’ll be responsible to:
- Manage C-level relationships within our existing customers.
- Grow our existing business within our client base, using the full portfolio of HP Inc products, solutions and services.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's products and services better.
- Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development. Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization.
- Work within a Global sales environment, both as a local contributor and as the Global sales lead managing virtual sales resources in different time zones.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated success in achieving quota.
- Private Sector industry knowledge required.
- Several years of IT sales experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings, to be able to sell expansive systems or services and attached products.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands the role of IT and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges.
- Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rate.
- Broad understanding of the customer needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Translate product knowledge into customer's added business value.
- Uses specialty knowledge to actively prospect within accounts to discover or cultivate sales opportunities.
- Ability to take a deal through the sales cycle including closing or supporting the close of a deal.
- Quarterly forecasting experience of multimillion-dollar opportunities.
- Understand the channel and work an effective plan to increase sales with our partners.
- Regular use of CRM updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
- Understands services as part of strategic product sales.
- Good prioritization and delegation skills to focus on the key client opportunities. Knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.