Data and Resource Manager Governance and Legal Team - Flexible Working Available
Governance & Legal
Fixed Term (9 months) with the potential for extension/permanent role. Full Time
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The FRC’s Governance & Legal team, led by the General Counsel & Company Secretary provides legal and secretariat support to the FRC’s governance structure and to the Audit, Corporate Governance & Reporting and Corporate Divisions.
The successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate data and legal resource in a team of up to 7 lawyers and 4 company secretariat staff in their provision of governance and legal assistance to the FRC, including:
- Central management of three legal team mailboxes: (1) legal instructions; (2) Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; (3) Privacy mailbox;
- Allocating legal work to the team lawyers, maintaining a central log of legal instructions and deadlines and managing and supporting the lawyers’ timely client service delivery;
- Acknowledging statutory requests for information and internal instructions and other correspondence with stakeholders as may be required from time to time;
- Maintaining a FOIA Disclosure Log for publication on the FRC Website;
- Collating information from other divisions and liaising with IT to facilitate legal review of documents within statutory (FOIA and Data Protection Act) deadlines;
- Responsibility for implementing and supporting Governance and Legal Team document retention and destruction in line with FRC policy;
- Maintaining a Contracts and Licences database;
- Responsibility for maintaining team process notes;
- Gathering, managing and distributing data in relation the FRC’s regulatory disciplinary procedures against auditors, accountants and actuaries;
- Associated data, finance and resource management and support to the Governance and Legal Team, as necessary.
The role is a newly created role, to support the Governance and Legal Team during a period of growth and improve the team’s client service delivery and on that basis is initially offered on a 9-month fixed term basis with the possibility of review at the end of that trial period as to whether the team’s business needs support the role continuing.
This challenging and varied role will suit an energetic, efficient, highly organised and capable administrator or resource manager with the confidence to proactively manage the team’s timely service delivery both within the organisation and in relation to external requests for information.
Candidates must have a proven track record in administration. The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent document management and organisational skills.
- Extensive interpersonal skills with confidence to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders and manage lawyers’ service delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- A strong team ethos and willing to assist colleagues as and when required.
- The ability to prioritise, work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- A proven track record of taking accountability for tasks and seeing them through.
- Experience of resource management would be advantageous.
- Experience within the legal or regulatory sectors may be advantageous but is not required.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
If you are interested, please apply by emailing a copy of your CV together with a covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team by clicking apply below. In the covering letter, please:
- set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 19 October 2019