Finance Controller - Part Time or Full Time & Home Working Available
Job Role: Financial Controller
Full Time OR Part Time 3 Days Per Week
Cobbs Farm Co. Ltd
Established in 2007, the Group operates 7 farm shops with a combined turnover of around £9m. Our shops offer easy access; fresh local produce and the best staple and culinary delights from England and the rest of the world. Our flagship stores also have a restaurant / café and our Hungerford site also has a playbarn; vineyard (producing award-winning English sparkling wine); market garden; and pick-your-own. The Group continues to grow both at its established shops and with new shop openings in Southern England. We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, ideally with relevant experience in the retail sector as well as a passion for food and people.
You will be tasked with taking full control of our day-to-day finance functions across the group. Working with the site bookkeepers, you will report directly to the CEO and some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all company accounts
- Create monthly mgmt. accounts and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking income and expenditure and providing reports on this information
- Supervise and manage financial department staff (bookkeepers)
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll, pensions and invoices received to drive efficiencies
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement any necessary financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Prepare statutory accounts and collaborate with our auditors with regard year-end responsibilities
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on collaboration with senior mgmt.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to better streamline workflow
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CEO in presenting reports to board members and any other relevant parties
- Maintain a relationship with Ross Brooke, who provide payroll and auditing function to the business
- Hold monthly meetings with Operational Management to set, discuss and review KPI’s for the business
The right candidate will be an experienced qualified accountant with a strong eye for detail. They must be able to motivate and inspire those working under them and maintain the high standards required by the company. They will be self-motivated to work sometimes under challenging and pressured deadlines.
The remuneration and benefits package will reflect the experience of the right candidate and provide the motivation to deliver on expectations.