Construction Manager - Substructure/Superstructure works
Lendlease Construction is seeking a Construction Manager to join their team on the major St Johns scheme in Manchester. The project is a major redevelopment that once built, the St John's neighbourhood will include 3,000 homes, 600,000 sq ft of commercial space and a mix of cultural venues. We are due to commence piling, excavation works and then following sub and superstructure works on a phase consisting of an 11 storey building with two basement levels.
- Perform project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and the achievement of time and cost objectives to complete assigned projects in accordance with agreed parameters, and / or coordinate the preparation of construction reports, contracts and schedules, which may involve managing tender and contract documentation, ensuring proper review in accordance with quality assurance procedures and in compliance with applicable standards, may prepare reports and documentation (e.g. plans) to deliver technical and expert information, provide input to inform decision making.
- Monitor and review engineering activities, plans and equipment and maintain current knowledge of complex technical, policy and labour developments, recommending changes to ensure quality delivery of engineering projects, monitor work progress, proactively identifying and rectifying problems and/or non-conformances, escalating as appropriate and providing expert input and/or recommendations to ensure all issues are appropriately addressed in a prompt manner and risks are minimised.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends, ensuring site management and execution of construction projects in accordance with best practice industry standards and in compliance with applicable legislation, may participate in the formulation and development of programmes aligned with business plan and team objectives which may involve analysing business drivers and recommending cost-saving procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors, and provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capabilities and to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform.
- Role reports into the Senior/Lead Construction Manager.
Experience and Skills required
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Construction or Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Experience operating in the capacity of a Construction Manager or similar role on a medium to large scale complex construction project.
- Proficient knowledge, experience and understanding of substructure and superstructure works packages and construction methods.
- Knowledge of construction and property development industries, and engineering project management principles, with an in-depth understanding of engineering and site management principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Understanding and knowledge of current health and safety prodecures, requirements and legislation operating on a construction site.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.