Lendlease are currently recruiting for Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors) to work on a major public sector project. Initially this role will be based in our Birmingham office for the pre-construction and then move to site in the Leicestershire region.
- Operating individually, contribute to the preparation of purchasing reports, receipts and acknowledgement of materials and supplies and contribute to the preparation of internal construction works reporting.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness of site administration processes and service for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Liaison with external suppliers to manage the efficient provision of scaffolding supplies and waste management services as directed and within defined parameters.
- Contribute to preparation of construction works contracts, ensuring all necessary documentation is distributed and processed, all amendments are accurately recorded, and appropriate approval and sign off is provided to support efficient site management activities;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a construction related discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in a main contracting environment is required.
- Experience in a site coordinator role, and knowledge of the construction or real estate development industry, and understanding of contract administration process.
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Excel, may also require experience in using accounting software.
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict time frames.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Customer Focus, Interpersonal Ability, Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process.