Assistant Asset Manager
12 month Fixed Term Contract
This role is to Assist with the creation and implementation of the approved 5-year Asset Business Plan (ABP). Working with the Asset Manager, Managing Agents including their on-site Asset teams and finance teams in addition to any appointed external consultants to maximise financial performance and deliver the required financial returns.
- Maintaining industry best practice Effective asset management to include financial performance e.g. cost control, revenue strategies, and debt control.
- Liaison with Estate Management function regarding day to day matters.
- Incident Management Plans & Risk Management.
- As part of the monitoring the Managing Agent ensure effective performance of their operations and property maintenance, establishing and maintaining standards, goals, objectives and priorities and ensuring the Portfolio is maintained at all times within reasonable cost parameters to contribute to a quality, safe and healthy Office environment.
- Monitor monthly performance of Managing Agents against the annual property budget, contract terms and conditions and KPI management.
- Provide monthly reports to senior management across a number portfolio performance KPIs.
- Ensure the asset is properly maintained at all times, through the implementation of PPMS and LCCA and general best practice Facilities Management (via outsourced Managing Agent contract terms).
- Routine minimum weekly property inspections - including completion of inspection checklist and Enablon reporting.
- Capital works programme: Project management and stakeholder liaison.
- Maximising efficiencies in Property Management function, Procurement opportunities and delivery model.
- Providing accurate information to valuers on monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitoring of bad debt and providing instructions to Managing Agents and agreeing payment plans subject to relevant approvals
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with advanced subject matter knowledge across the function and advanced people management skills.
- Experience in asset management across all sectors and/or knowledge of the property management industry, contract management principles and process, and property and facilities management principles and relevant legislation (including Occupational Health and Safety regulations).
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to facilitate communication with a range of different stakeholder groups.
- Use and knowledge of ARGUS preferred
- Experience in Landlord and Tenant matters and Lease compliance in for office asset
- Strong numerical and financial management skills combined with the ability to analyse reports and present to senior stakeholders.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.