Central PMO Planner - Flexible Working Available
This is a permanent role paying up to £53,000 + Benefits. Located in Canary Wharf.
Nest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all of the nine protected characteristics. Applications from part time workers and job shares are welcome.
The Change Programmes Directorate is responsible for ensuring that technology, service, organisational and operational change is implemented in a controlled, timely and commercial manner. The Department also oversees the execution of a range of significant NEST Corporation projects.
Programmes’ responsibilities include:
- Programme & Project Delivery
- Programme & Project Planning and Tracking
- Programme & Project Reporting
- Issue and Risk Management
- Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Configuration Management
- Project Management guidance and support across NEST
The team also support the CEO and Executive Team with preparation for various boards and other governance functions.
Experience and technical skills
The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- A min of 2 years experience in the successful co-ordination and support planning of complex projects in a comparable role.
- Working in a project and/or programme environment, following structured methods – an exposure to central government or pensions related projects would be an advantage. • Experience of maintaining PMO/ programme plans comprised of several projects in MS Project (or equivalent planning tool).
- Ability to understand and assist in the planning of tasks for new projects. • Coordinating and executing the PMO processes as listed above, whilst working in a project office or PMO on a number of projects.
- Developing, preparing and improving a range of accurate project documentation in a range of formats to help stakeholders understand key aspects of the project or programme e.g. process maps, plans on a page, product flow diagrams, deliverable status reports, RAG matrices etc.
- Ability to determine best ways of presenting information using a variety of tools. • An attention to detail to ensure projects are tracked at appropriate level.
- Ability to organise and analyse data for current and future projects.
- Advanced/expert use of Microsoft Project to manage workstreams with complex interdependencies.
- Advanced use of MS Excel to manipulate data for analysis and reporting.
- Experience of working with off-shore service providers is an advantage.
Personal attributes required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - able to communicate clearly, effectively and regularly with team members, 3rd party representatives and management. The ability to work within a complex environment in which judgement, confidentiality and discretion have to be exercised.
- A commitment to team working - the ability to develop a good working relationship with each team member.
- The ability to work effectively in an enviroment and organisation that is rapidly changing.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise own workload and deliver against demanding deadlines.
- Attention to detail and quality in outputs produced.
- Rigour in following established processes.
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- Demonstrable level of experience/capability of PMO/ portfolio planning.
- Qualification in Prince2, PMI, MSP (or other OGC/project management methodology) would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Visio skills, sufficient to represent product breakdowns.
- Expert MS Project.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience of Microsoft SharePoint and Project Server (desirable).
This is an exciting, high profile role for an experienced individual to grow their skills. The Change Programmes team is key to the successful development of NEST over the coming years and this role plays a key part. A highly demanding but equally rewarding position, the individual will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, a friendly, supportive, experienced, qualified and extremely professional team. The Change Programmes team are renowned for excellent quality of work and the successful candidate will be expected to work to a high standard and contribute to maintaining a high level of performance across Programmes. Individuals with the necessary skills, team spirit, initiative and drive will thrive in this environment. In exchange for hard work, a flexible and commercial attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done, there will be ample opportunity to learn new skills and to hone your existing ones.
Closing date for applications : Wednesday 16th October.
Please ask Sarina Cheema for further information in the recruitment team.