Lead Designer - Flexible Working Available
Salary Dependent on Experience
The Marketing, Content and Creative Services team is a high-performance service delivery team and forms part of the Directorate of Customer Engagement.
The Customer Engagement directorate brings together teams that are responsible for setting the strategy and defining Nest's proposition for different customer segments. Our mandate includes delivering product and service changes that improve our customers' experience, and designing and delivering a targeted customer engagement approach, marketing campaigns and activity to support Nest's objectives.
In addition, the Marketing, Content and Creative Services team provides marketing and communications collateral for the rest of the organisation including Investment, Secretariat, Legal and corporate communications.
The role of the Lead Designer is to manage and influence the use of the Nest brand across all target audiences and to develop and apply the Nest visual language.
You will take ownership of distinct areas of activity such as the design and layout of the annual report, pitching design concepts for our various customer audiences, leading the creation of templates, creating iconography and general marketing design collateral.
You will use your expertise to lead the design at Nest, evolving and applying the newly developed branding.
- Ensures the design processes and visual identity evolves in accordance with the design and brand strategy set by the Head of Marketing, Content & Creative Services.
- Leads design concept for all design manifestation including iconography, illustration, photography, publication layout, large print, PowerPoint and Word templates.
- Development of design assets and use of branding.
- Maintains and manages visual brand guidelines, layouts and introduces new guidance as the guidelines develop.
- Operates the brand hierarchy and develops brand training programs via online modules and briefings.
- Leads and creates design concepts, layouts and document structures in InDesign for high value publications such as annual and corporate reporting
- Supports branding campaigns, member and employer branding, and internal branding initiatives with design and brand guidance.
- Ensures quality assurance of design through a quality assurance matrix of escalation.
- Liaises with clients to understand and deliver artwork.
Relationships & Autonomy
- Reports to the Senior Creative Producer
- Works very closely and collaboratively with the Lead Production Manager and Lead Content Writer.
Experience & Technical Skills
- Advanced InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills.
- Strong technical ability with Adobe CC and use of grids and scripting for InDesign page layouts.
- Proven ability in print production techniques and pre-flight execution.
- Proven ability in creating complex artwork and document structures.
- Proven ability in photography and post production techniques.
- Managing suppliers from start to finish ensuring quality control and value for money.
- Experience in managing junior members or previous line management experience.
Personal Attributes Required
- Self-motivated, organised and accountable.
- Excellent attention to detail and standards of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lead workshops influencing art direction.
- Be up to date with industry standards and trends to ensure our communications are best in class.
Please apply via the website for full detail.