IT Support Technician
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our 'Better Places' goal. We're a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join our team at our prestigious MOD offices in London. You will work alongside other experienced IT Technicians and provide support to the on site team.
What will this role involve?
- Provide excellent on-site ITsupport to all customers via phone, email and ticketing system.
- General troubleshooting &maintenance of all systems including; desktops, laptops, printers & network
- Administration of useraccounts and permissions using Active Directory & Exchange
- Build and deployment of PCs
- Management of IT equipmentwithin the asset database.
- Creation and maintenance oftechnical documentation.
- Provide application supportfor software used by customers.
The successful applicant should be a self-starter with an enthusiasm for technology and learning. You will ideally have proven experience in a similar support or helpdesk role. You will have demonstrable experience in;
What are we looking for?
- Active directory
- Windows 7 onwards
- Documentation for both technical and non-technicalrecipients
- Server 2008 onwards would be advantageous
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the efficient transfer of in-depth product and/or applications knowledge to users.