Engineering Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Location: Rugby, with site travel
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Engineering Surveyor to work across our Midlands based projects.
The Engineering Surveyor will be responsible for organising own work load, scheduling Surveying works and
meeting project deadlines for the delivery of Surveying data. Providing technical and administrative services to meet project specifications and dimensional control of construction works.
- HND/Degree or equivalent in Land Surveying or related technical discipline
- Civil engineering and construction experience, preferably on Highways
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors or
- working towards membership
- Hold a relevant CSCS Card
- Fully conversant with the use of modern Survey instruments such as:
- Robotic Total Stations, GPS, Digital Levels & 3D Laser Scanners.
- Experience of survey control networks, including coordinate systems
- Experience of survey monitoring regimes, and interpreting the data produced
- Experience of using GPS controlled Earth moving plant including the creation
- of models
- Experienced and confident in the use of a relevant Survey package such as
- Have experience of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of the use of UAS in Surveying
- Knowledge of BIM
- Good IT skills and able to work confidently with MS Office and other system applications
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.