Director of Marketing - New Markets (Job Share Opportunity)
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role
The Director of Marketing, New Markets, is responsible for the development of marketing strategy to launch new programs and products in new regions/markets. This individual will work with senior leadership to set new market entry strategy, go to market strategy and then lead the execution of the strategy to drive market awareness and adoption.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The role will lead a diverse X-functional marketing team in developing, delivering and embedding a clearly defined and differentiated strategy that will drive value and growth.
- Lead the research road map to create market and consumer segmentation, creating relevant and differentiated brand positioning; then launch the brand using innovative, modern marketing approaches to drive awareness and demand for the product within the target market.
- Responsible for development of competitive go-to-market strategies that net acquisition of new prospects and customers, revenue growth, engagement, retention and profitability.
- Accountable for creating an engaged and robust customer experience journey across all channels with personalized and tailored content and messaging resulting in an engaged customer base and high net promoter score.
- Drive marketing data analytics, customer analytics and data, digital properties, and customer behavior and activity tracking across available resources.
- Maintain and enhance marketing team by coaching, mentoring and managing performance. Delegate work appropriately and fairly, and motivate and empower others; Provide staff with development opportunities.
- Produce new ideas, approaches or insights for marketing, commercial and experience-based topics; produce a range of solutions to problems and seek opportunities for organizational improvement
About the Team
This following report directly to this position:
- Senior Manager – Marketing
- Manager – Marketing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to guide others with a clear direction, and set appropriate standards of behavior
- Ability to gain clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Ability to adapt to changing and ambiguous circumstances and adapt interpersonal style to suit different people, sensitivities and situations.
- Ability to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss and added value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, planning, and execution.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong understanding of the accounting and finance profession
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- BA in Marketing or related field.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in leadership roles with operational and P&L responsibility including:
- Experience with having direct P&L responsibility for revenue generation and new market entry
- Marketing experience and proven success within digital, CRM and sales and marketing as well as in either consumer products, technology, or education
- Product and product promotion experience with high profile products in international markets
- Marketing and product strategy setting across all channels including digital
- Consumer research, analytics and segmentation experience
- Experience launching new brands and products into new markets
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction. Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.