Manager – Clubhouse Food & Beverage - Flexible Working Available
Salary: Competitive plus excellent airline benefits
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week, Mon – Fri
Location: The Base, Crawley West Sussex
Closing date: 16th October 2019
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what’s possible for the role.
In a nutshell
We are seeking an innovator and creative F&B expert to join our amazing Food and Beverage team. You will be accountable for the coordination of the clubhouse F&B ambition and evolution of our ‘ground-to-air’ alignment strategy to drive an enhanced customer experience. Working closely with suppliers, we need to ensure all clubhouse locations not only consistently meet the business vision and deliver within the agreed budget parameters but also adhere to local culinary and H&S requirements. You’ll also be responsible for leading on our F&B partnership strategy for both In-flight and On-ground partnerships.
It goes without saying you will need an in-depth knowledge of food and drink concept development processes/ Sound interesting? Then this could be just the role for you!
Day to day
- Creative and forward thinking you will meet our F&B vision and drive a step change
- Own and develop the ‘ground-to-air’ alignment strategy in F&B
- Visit key Clubhouse locations to demonstrate standards and manage expectations
- Ensure clear communication of expectations with CH management team and with suppliers
- Work with suppliers to ensure selection is ‘best fit’ for VA Clubhouses
- Track customer happiness
- Adherence to the agreed contract KPI structure
- Improve F&B product delivery globally
- Support the design and delivery of new Clubhouse spaces by understanding guest expectations
- Demonstrate a culture of continual improvement, including team training systems to improve guest experience
- Have your finger on the pulse of local and global F&B trends within the In-Flight and On-ground proposition this will include developing a process to identify and anticipate new trends
- Develop F&B brand partnerships to enhance customer experience
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about hospitality, with experience of working within a senior hospitality/F&B role.
Project management experience or knowledge is key alongside excellent commercial and financial acumen.
Airside food production and logistics knowledge is ideal, but not essential.
Collaborative working across product, service and operational departments - using your strong communication skills you will network effectively across the company.
You will also be computer-literate, including Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to see your application!
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.