Assistant Community Engagement Manager
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately-owned Construction businesses in the UK. Founded in 1852, we are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years.
During construction, communities are our neighbours. Afterwards, they are often the end users of the buildings we construct. Our work remains part of the fabric of where they live, long after we have left the site. It is important that we engage with local people because we want to be good neighbours. But our ambitions go beyond that.
Our Community are the vital link between our projects and the wider community; with this in mind we are looking to grow our team to strengthen our coverage in our Wales & The West region and recruit an Assistant Community Engagement Manager on a 12 months fix-term contract to support the work we do in North Somerset.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing successful project specific community engagement strategies
- Build relationships with our customers and onsite teams to be able to successfully implement community engagement
- Represent our business at community events such as careers fairs, school visits
- Logistically support in the co-ordination of site visits and training initiatives
- Help improve social KPI submissions
- Record, report and tract all social value activity in your patch
Most of your time you will be field based executing the community strategies for our sites in North Somerset but from time to time you will be based from Bristol (Pill) or Exeter office.
Who we are looking for
- Experience of volunteering, working on social value projects or working in the education sector
- Be a confident communicator and be able to engage with groups of people
- Excellent co-ordination skills
- Hold a valid driving license
- Experience working within construction
In return we are offering: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance or Company car, Incentive Bonus & Pension scheme. We will also consider applicants who want to work flexibly from 30 - 37.5 hours per week.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.