HR Business Partner Support - Clapham - Flexible Working Available
Do you enjoy being truly embedded in the business? Do you thrive on dealing with employees and managers queries on a daily basis? Have you got experience in managing employee relations cases? We may have the role for you!
We have a new role based in our Maintenance delivery unit in Clapham working alongside an HR Business Partner. You will be responsible for supporting and guiding our frontline managers in how they bring employee relations cases to a conclusion. You will be a tenacious individual who thrives on dealing with complex people issues. You will also be willing to challenge managers and hold them to account. For this role you’ll need proven employee relations experience and to be able to show evidence of driving for results despite barriers that you may face.
Success in these roles will require:
- CIPD qualified or relevant ER support Experience
- Proven experience in effective ER case management, advising, coaching and supporting managers when dealing with a wide range of complex ER issues, such as disciplinaries, short / long term sickness and grievance cases highlighting potential impact and risks.
- Provision of clear, comprehensive ER guidance to managers in line with NR Policy and procedure.
- Ability to effectively reduce case duration of disciplinaries, short / long term sickness and grievance cases in line with route KPI’s
- Delivery of targeted line manager up-skilling programmes working closely with the ERA and wider HRBP team.
- Ability to build strong relationships to enable appropriate coaching support and professional challenge to enable DU managers to formulate pragmatic and business-focussed solutions to people related issues
Sound interesting? Apply now!
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
· Experience of working within a large, complex and fast moving organisation.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
· Resilient, Adaptable and Flexible.
· IT literate, strong excel, word and PowerPoint knowledge.
· Experience of event coordination and facilitation.
· Research and analytical skills.
· Strong relationship building skills.
· Experience of supporting the delivery of HR initiatives and projects.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a
requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Salary: £27,500 (basic) plus Inner London allowance of £3,200 which equates to a full package of £30,700 plus benefits.
Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.