Procurement Specialist - Flexible Working Available
This is an exciting opportunity to join Group Procurement charged with delivering significant business benefits across L&Q. During a period of significant investment in new and existing properties Group Procurement manage a total spend in excess of £500m per annum.
The candidate will need to ideally have similar previous experience to lead the process for procuring contracts for a variety of building services, construction refurbishment projects, programmes and services to meet legal requirements and deliver value for money.
The candidate would also ideally be MCIPS qualified or working towards their MCIPS qualification, with demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts in both the public and private sectors. Must have a good knowledge and understanding of delivering procurements that are compliant with the Public Procurement Regulations 2016. A successful track record of managing a portfolio of categories and delivering outstanding value, together with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are all essential for this role.
Key Duties will include:
- Providing advice on the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures and ensuring this are aligned with UK and EU Procurement Legislation within all categories
- Experience of working across multiple disciplines, building services, construction refurbishment projects, programmes and services
- Analysing Data on the purchase to pay systems
- Implementing the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives
- Liaising with stakeholders including customers, contractors and consultants
- Identifying significant opportunities to reduce costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection and interpretation of detailed and complex information
- Negotiating with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and quality
- Taking an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined commodity areas assigned.
- Working with both suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified
- Ensuing that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money
- Ensuring procurement activity delivers against procurement strategy and assigned portfolio
- Providing advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation.
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.