Unique route into teaching for PhDs
Our client’s Researchers in Schools programme offers PhD researchers a unique, generously-funded route into teaching that is deliberately structured to make the most of your abilities, knowledge and experience.
You’ll develop the skills to become a highly-effective classroom teacher and champion of higher education, helping support pupils, regardless of background, to excel and progress to university.
To support your development as a teacher and to help you make your PhD accessible to your pupils, the programme offers a number of exciting features and opportunities:
- Complete the Research Leader in Education Award, a fully-funded, three-year programme of professional development designed around the PhD skill set, in addition to gaining nationally-recognised teacher training qualifications
- Take one day of protected time each week to work towards the RLE and Uni Pathways, a university-access intervention based on your PhD, aimed at increasing target pupils’ chances of attending a highly-selective university
- Receive honorary academic status at a research-intensive university, providing access to research facilities and a network of academic support
- Benefit from a dedicated programme officer who will provide you with one-to-one mentoring and coaching throughout.
- Receive competitive financial support, including generous funding options for your training year
For more information and to apply for placements starting in mid-August 2020, please apply today, you will be redirected to our client’s website where you will need to register your interest in the programme.