Performance Monitoring Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Job Description- Performance Monitoring Engineer (022190)
SOCI (Security, Operations & Change Implementation) is a key component of the Group Transformation Enterprise division. It is the center of expertise for the core platform providing the Retail internet banking and mobile app services to our 14+ million active online Retail and Commercial Banking customers. The Operational Performance team within SOCI is responsible for providing the operational capacity planning, operational performance insights and live service performance monitoring functions for our online services.
Want to know more?
As a Performance Monitoring Engineer within the Operational Performance, Tooling & Analytics Team, you will be responsible for the support and development of the current key tool sets (primarily AppDynamics APM/EUM & Splunk). This will predominantly consist of the development of the AppDynamics APM and EUM feature sets to provide live service monitoring, allowing the Production Support team to identify and prevent or recover performance and availability issues with the live services - both our online internet banking services and mobile apps.
You will provide subject matter expertise to help extract business and technical insights across our critical online services via the AppDynamics feature sets.
You will also become SME in the use of our other key tool, Splunk, although training will be provided for this.
So what would you be doing for us?
- You will provide SME knowledge on the use of AppDynamics, defining, implementing and educating various teams on best practices.
- You will liaise with the agile product lab developers to understand new web or mobile app journeys, apps and associated infrastructure stacks and assist with the deployment and development of their AppDynamics capabilities, producing Operational and business data dashboards and alerts
- You will drive the delivery of new feature sets, working closely with partner resources to run POC/POV exercises on new AppDynamics/Splunk roadmap functionality, helping to build business cases for investment and taking ownership of the planning and delivery to live
- You will seek opportunities to innovate with new capabilities in the market and tool integrations, performing experiments and POC exercises to drive best in class monitoring and insight capabilities
- You will help plan and deliver coaching for internal and wider colleagues, enabling the various product labs and Value Streams to deliver and develop their own dashboard and monitoring capabilities, helping to deliver our strategy to become a 'Centre Of Excellence' for the operational performance monitoring and insights
- You will work with your Operational Performance colleagues to maintain the AppDynamics APM (Application Performance Management)/EUM (End User Management) tool, working with partner resources, product labs, IT colleagues and wider stakeholder groups to continually improve the insights delivered by the tool
- You will provide support for other areas of Lloyds Banking Group for AppDynamics deployments, providing SME advice for new deployments and continuous improvements
What we need from you?
- Strong AppDynamics APM & EUM skills and experience, including: dashboard creation, health rule management, dashboards and alerts suitable for varied stakeholders (IT & Business)
- A "can-do" proactive attitude to problem solving and providing simplified solutions
- Experience and confidence in working in fast paced Operational (ITIL), Agile or DevOps environments, including relevant tool sets (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong analytical and debugging skills, with the ability to proactively create and enhance process flows and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to clearly articulate and present technical concepts to audiences that vary in seniority and technical acumen
- Ideally, experience and knowledge of AppDynamics features such as the use of monitoring extensions, Transaction Analytics (BusinessIQ), Business Journeys and creation of business funnel dashboards
- Experience of working in Unix environments and shell scripting, Java programming, SQL tuning & regex experience
- Understanding and experience of internet services technology stacks and a desire to learn new technologies
- Experience in using and developing application performance monitoring solutions (eg. AppDynamics/Dynatrace/New Relic etc)
- Understanding and interpreting business to IT requirements and vice versa
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your dream, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Discretionary bonus up to 30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you passionate about joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...