Head of Advocacy
3 days left
- Contract Type
We have an exciting opportunity to join our clients team as Head of Advocacy, to lead on the strategic delivery of the charity’s global advocacy aims.
Position: Head of Advocacy
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – “an area of outstanding natural beauty”, home-working arrangements for the right candidate would also be considered
Salary: £51,000 per annum
Contract: This is a full-time, permanent contract starting as soon as possible.
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date:Friday 15th November
As Head of Advocacy, you will work closely with the Director of Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns to lead on the strategic delivery of the charity’s global advocacy aims.
The Head of Advocacy will:
- Design and implement strategies to influence decision-makers.
- Build powerful partnerships for change.
- Ensure advocacy and campaigns are collaborative and mutually supportive to influence key stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of the department, including budget, planning, and staffing.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the aims and work of the Advocacy team are compatible with those of other streams of the charity.
You will lead and manage a team working with and influencing governments, civil society and other stakeholders (such as the UN, UN FAO, OIE, World Bank) to achieve real lasting impact and genuine change, and will investigate and identify funding sources for future advocacy projects, and wider initiatives, such as UN SDGs.
This post will require international travel.
As Head of Advocacy, you will be a natural communicator with excellent negotiating skills, as you will collaborate with organisational partners and networks, representing the charity in the media and strategic high level forums.
You will bring with you:
- Significant previous post qualification experience.
- Well defined analytical skills, combined with the ability to develop strategic responses.
- A practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities when ensuring integration between organisational programming and advocacy.
- Experience of leading teams to develop and implement effective advocacy strategies.
- The ability to work with a number conflicting demands and multiple deadlines.
- A strong conceptual understanding of animal welfare and international development.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role… then we would love to hear from you!
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Campaigning, Campaigns, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Development, Operations.