Software Engineer (Service) - Flexible Working Available
We're innovating products that help transform customer journeys - making millions of people's lives simpler and better, all over the country, every single day. There's never been a better time to be part of change - help us reinvent the boundaries of banking and we'll invest in your continued development, so you can craft your future career. We provide a versatile partnership and culture that offers you flexibility and helps you build the future you want, alongside a support network that encourages you to achieve the best for customers. We're committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective of the customers and communities we serve - where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
Job Title: Software Engineer (Service)
Location: Centron House, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5QZ
Base Salary: £49, 149 - £54, 610
About the role
To ensure the delivery and technical support of products, applications and services meet the agreed service standards for the environment. To provide input into the improvement of services and processes and the mitigation of risks associated with the environment, leading assigned team members as appropriate.
Prominent in leading activities across live service team, predominately focusing on Big Data and/or ETL Tools, to maintain encouraged levels of service and facilitate successful resolution of platform impacting incidents, problems and changes.
What you'll get involved with
- Incident & Problems management - prioritisation, process alignment & Key Performance Indicators (KPI) delivery. ITIL knowledge preferred
- Responsible for and lead SLA / KPI and alignment for both permanent and partner colleagues in varied locations
- Stakeholder & relationship management
- Supplier Management of 3rd Parties including partner resource providing managed service for support
- Develop a detailed knowledge of ETL/Big Data applications used within LBG including understanding how data is used within the organisation
- Utilise management information to maximise performance of teams and resources and make recommendations in order to meet strategic objectives
- Work allocation, tracking & reporting
- Facilitate and chair team meetings & communications to LBG teams
- Provide core hours (Working Day) and On-Call role for Enterprise Data Run Team.
- Drive Root Cause Analysis 24x7 (where appropriate) until established for major impacting incidents
- Understand Business impact of an incident and Business deadlines and communicate understanding to team and platform partners
- Understand technology impact and solution
- Pull and utilise extensive knowledge of team around functional / business areas to provide incident support and resolution
- Use interpretative judgment to provide workable solutions to abstractly defined business issues/ problems with minimum referral to supervisor
- Define and document standards and reusable approaches within own area of responsibility
- Provide assistance to others, actively shares knowledge and information with team members and other interested parties, and is responsive to others' viewpoints.
- Provide a single point of contact for offshore Support and Delivery activities
- Responsible for ensuring changes are fit for purpose and ready for implementation into Production
- Lead & Handle proactive service improvements, process improvements with Partner resource
- Provide technical leadership & steer to the team where needed
- Assist the Service Lead with data/metrics collection & reporting
- Monitor Process alignment by the team
- Forward planning of system availability via planned outages
- End to end Recovery planning and management for incidents (planned and unplanned)
We're looking for the following experience:
- Sound Incident/Problem/Service management experience, with solid experience or background in ITIL
- You have the ability to identify, understand and analyse new trends and issues in live software solutions
- Extensive technical experience in developing Big Data application software or ETL solutions
- Practical experience working with Offshore Partners & Colleagues
- You'll also have excellent partner management, and interpersonal skills with ability to seek agreement from colleagues, key (offshore) partners and partners.
- ITIL certification would be beneficial although this is not essential
Ultimately, we care much more about the person you're, how you think and approach things, than a list of qualifications on a CV. Even if you can't say 'yes' to all of the above, but are keen, self-motivated, passionate about delivering outstanding solutions with a strong customer first focus then get in touch.
So what can we offer you in return? In addition to your base salary, a package that includes:
- Discretionary variable Performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- Up to 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- A flexible benefit cash pot to craft around your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and developing and advancing the best in our people. So if you have a passion to deliver great solutions whilst having a key role in a major digital transformation appeals we'd love to hear from you.