A start-up launching a new 'Business-in-a-box' concept to disrupt traditional models, based in London, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team to manage initial customers and set the business up for growth.
The Senior Accountant will be working alongside management and will oversee a portfolio of clients, recruit junior accountants and review work.
The role offers excellent career progression and the highest levels of flexibility / remote working.
As a senior accountant, you will be given responsibility for your own client block. Initially, you’ll personally be looking after clients on a day to day basis, providing them with support in running their businesses.
You’ll be on hand to provide them with advice, answer questions, as well as completing several tasks, including:
- Speak with new and existing clients over the phone
- Preparing tax returns and accounts for LTD companies and sole traders/partnerships
- Setting up PAYE and VAT schemes
- Checking and filing of VAT returns
- Liaising with HMRC
- Supporting our client’s day to day with queries
- Identify process improvements
- Assist clients with automatic enrolment duties
- Ensure compliance deadlines met on time
- Bookkeeping (potential to outsource this)
Soon after you join, you will get the opportunity to grow your team of accountants and account managers. Together, you will provide the excellent levels of service our customers deserve.
On a day to day basis, you will then:
- Help to on-board new clients, and advise them throughout the year
- Co-ordinate your team to ensure compliance work is completed, and client queries are answered quickly
- Review the accounts and returns prepared by your team
- Support clients with complex queries
- Manage, mentor and motivate your team
- Work with the senior management team to drive the firm forward
Senior Accountant Position Requirements
- FMAAT, ACA or ACCA qualified
- 5 Years' experience minimum working within practice is desirable
- Solid understanding of tax and ability to advise clients
Senior Accountant Position Remuneration
- £30,000 to £50,000 salary dependant on experience
- Excellent holiday package
- Excellent career progression