Business Development Director - Manchester
Making banking easier for all of our customers
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Director (BDD) in Manchester to work within the Relationship Team and closely with Product Teams including Sectors, International and Corridors teams to drive market origination activity. You will be responsible for originating new client relationships for Santander Corporate & Commercial Bank (SCCB), whilst prospecting and acquiring clients in line with SCCB strategy, which emphasises international reach, growth trajectory and those seeking structured finance solutions, alongside specified markets and sectors.
You will be part of the National Business Development team, led by the Head of Business Development, Wes Haughton and will also report to the relevant Regional Director and will in turn lead and manage a Business Development Manager.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As part of our commitment to supporting a flexible workforce and healthy work-life balance we welcome applications from those interested in job share opportunities.
As a Business Development Director your main responsibilities will be
- Owning overall responsibility alongside the Regional Director in delivering the local new business objectives as well as contributing to the national business development new business plans
- Using all available resources and routes to market to create and convert new business opportunities alongside Relationship Directors and Product partners
- Continually building and enhancing a professional network of key business influencers and potential introducers across the region and / or industry sector (not brokers) and co-ordinating the contact between this network RD, RM and product partner population
- Conceiving, organising and coordinating specific events in collaboration with the Regional Director, RDs and Product Partners and maximising the relevant attendance of and return on investment for all events in the region, including centrally organised events and trade missions
- Liaising with colleagues in marketing, press and PR to ensure all opportunities to heighten the profile of and market the activities of the regional team are fully exploited, including deals completed, insights, new joiners and events, including CSR
- Acting as a first line of defence following the I AM Risk framework, managing all types of risk including credit, operational, conduct, market and reputational risk and able to identify, evaluate and manage these risks as appropriate
Minimum skills and experience required
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Corporate Banking, considered a subject matter expert with a detailed working knowledge of the wider corporate banking market
- Strong credit skills, financial analysis, interpretation and judgement and knowledge of related risk, and ability to identify, assess and manage it appropriately
- Able to communicate openly and effectively in a manner appropriate to the situation and the individual and to persuade and influence others, always with integrity.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills
- Adept at preparation of presentations and effective use of Powerpoint and Excel
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.