Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately-owned Construction businesses in the UK. Founded in 1852, we are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. We are passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years.
Due to continual growth and a strong project pipeline we are looking to expand our Willmott Dixon South West team and recruit an experience Project Manager/ Contracts Manager to cover projects across Bristol and North Somerset.
Reporting to the Operations Director the successful candidate will manage one or delivery of multiple projects up to the value of 30 million safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality. If you are customer focused and looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mind-set to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
About the role
* Develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme to ensure effective communication and implementation to deliver the programme on time
* Review performance against target and identify and manage risk and opportunities
* Lead the project team to ensure its balance and shape to deliver the project
* Promote and maintain the highest level of health and safety and environmental management
* Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the sustainability objectives
* Develop and drive the team to ensure we deliver a quality build in accordance to the requirements of the project
* Develop and manage customer relationships
* Adopt the principles of the considerate constructor's scheme and manage community relations
* Recruit, reward and retain and develop the best people
* Manage the project handover and ensure defect free
* Shape best practise and drive continuous improvement
What we are looking for
You will support your team to successfully deliver projects across Bristol and North Somerset across the following sectors (but not limited to)
* Blue Light
You will have the following experience:
* Proven track record of successful delivery of projects across multiple sectors
* Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
* he ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets
* Efficient use of all staff and resources
* Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes
* Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
* Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s).
* Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc)
* Valid driving licence
In return we are offering: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance or Company car, Incentive Bonus & Pension scheme.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.