Project Management Officer Manager
This is a great opportunity for a manager with PMO experience to make a real difference in driving sustained change in our HSEQ performance across the Group. You will set-up the PMO and drive delivery across 24 discreet projects. Developing MI which gives insight and coaching PMs and others in delivery.
In this role you will provide expertise to ensure that projects are delivered on-time, to budget and, remain on-scope. Your responsibilities will include:
- Standardise governance of projects within the programme
- Coach project leaders in behaviour, performance and, delivery
- Where investment is required coach project leaders on accessing funding and oversight of spend against plan
- Identify operational improvement opportunities for future projects
- Liaise with other PMO structures in Group to drive consistency of approach
- Use CI thinking to enhance programme and in turn, business efficiency
- Escalate non-delivery where required to reach resolution
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have strong delivery background. HSEQ experience/ knowledge is not essential. A real desire to deliver on our mission of delivering better places for people to live work and travel is essential. This role is about delivering on our promise and by the way we do it role-modelling what good CI looks like.
The position will require some travelling.
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better