We have an exciting opportunity to join our EMEA team as a Project Manager to be based at either our Basingstoke or London Offices, depending on what is best suited to the successful candidate.
Whilst the position is full-time, we are open to discussing individual requirements for flexible working with applicants and operate a Core Hours policy (in agreement with their line manager, employees can flex their start times as suits as long they’re covering the ‘core hours’ of 10am – 4pm).
The Project Manager acts as the single point of contact for assigned customer facing Professional Services projects where a customer is paying for Project Management Services. The projects vary in size and complexity and typically have significant revenue scope and are highly complex in nature. The Professional Services Project Manager is expected to have a good understanding of Project Management concepts and can apply methodologies (preferably PRINCE2) to a project of a technical nature to successfully manage project to time, budget and quality specified. The Project Manager manages all interactions on the project from the customer order and contract signature through to implementation and closure to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Hold internal kick-off meeting to review solution, all dependencies, actions and timelines
- Act as central point of contact for all internal stakeholders
- Work closely with Project Customer Care Managers to ensure all system updates as applied as necessary in line with the project plan
- Ensure detailed network design is produced and design is understood by internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure orders loaded by Sales accurately reflect solution and design sold
- Hold customer kick-off meeting
- Act as the customer face within CenturyLink and as central point of contact for customer to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Produce outline project plan and critical milestones
- Produce outline PID and communications plan, gain internal and external stakeholder acceptance sign off
- Agree priority site list, test plan and customer acceptance criteria
- Update and provide weekly RAID (Risk, actions and issues depository)
- Manage all risks and issues during the project and mitigate risk according
- Hold minimum weekly update call/meeting with customer and any face to face meetings necessary as per communications plan
- Update and issue weekly project plan to customer and update WIP reports to track progress
- Hold weekly update call and meetings with all internal stakeholders – Offnet Provisioning Team, Circuit design and build teams, third parties for equipment procurement and pre-stage builds
- Communicate and schedule in access for 3rd party Local Access Providers for surveys, fibre builds, Fit & Test of equipment and report back to client
- Manage procurement of managed CPE, build, pre-stage and testing of with NP&I team
- Manage internal fibre team and co-ordinate all activities for on net builds build out to customer premises
- Agree and raise change controls with the customer when scope deviates
- Manage router installs, testing and own any issues from the installation
- Manage circuit activation activities when customer wants to connect and migrate LAN
- Managed project closure activities, lessons learnt, milestone sign off and customer acceptances
- Telecoms experience.
- PRINCE2 certification preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good understanding of the following technologies:- WAN deployments, IPVPN, SDH, Dark fibre, Ethernet products, VOIP, Optical & DWDM networks, Security Products, Wi-Fi installs
- Cisco Product knowledge desirable
- Experience of customer facing Global WAN and Telecoms implementations
- Language skills; English (essential), French, German & Spanish (desirable)