Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors)
Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors) are required to join the St Johns Wood Square project team responsible for the financial and commercial management, from procurement through to final accounts, of various woks packages on the project reporting to the project Commercial Lead. Lendlease is appointed under a pre-construction services agreement to deliver a fixed price lump sum design and build price for the shell and core works, with enabling works forecasted to start on site Q2 2020.
The St Johns Wood Square project is a major redevelopment of a 2.2-hectare MOD Barracks into a "Super-Prime Residential" development.
The project consisting of;
- The demolition of the existing army barracks,
- The construction of 2 storey basement across the entire site completely isolated using vibration bearings,
- Construction of 10 residential buildings above the basement utilising a mixture of pre-cast concrete facades with punch windows, restoration of retained facades and curtain walling.
- Refurbishment of a grade 2 listed building into a luxury spa & swimming pool
- 171 residential dwellings, 98 super prime apartments, 14 town houses & villas and 59 shared ownership apartments
- Complex MEP infrastructure to support the development
- Operating individually, contribute to the preparation of purchasing reports, receipts and acknowledgement of materials and supplies and contribute to the preparation of internal construction works reporting.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness of site administration processes and service for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Liaison with external suppliers to manage the efficient provision of scaffolding supplies and waste management services as directed and within defined parameters.
- Contribute to preparation of construction works contracts, ensuring all necessary documentation is distributed and processed, all amendments are accurately recorded, and appropriate approval and sign off is provided to support efficient site management activities;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a construction related discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Experience in a site coordinator role, and knowledge of the construction or real estate development industry, and understanding of contract administration process.
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Excel, may also require experience in using accounting software.
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Customer Focus, Interpersonal Ability, Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.